Annual meeting of the International Commission of the Dominican Family (ICDF) 2019.
The annual meeting of the International Commission of the Dominican Family (ICDF), made up of the Master of the Order who convokes and presides over it, the Socius for Apostolic Life, the Coordinator of DSI, took place at the General Curia on November 24, the Representative of the Secular Institutes, the Representative of the Nuns, the General Promoter of the Nuns, the General Promoter of the Laity, the General Promoter of the Priestly Fraternities, the Coordinator of IDYM and the President of the International Council of Dominican Lay Fraternities.
Within the programmed agenda, the new members were welcomed, a presentation of the different activities developed during the year 2019 was carried out, and the Statutes of the Commission were presented; approved in the plenary session of the General Council in May 2019, the numerals of the Acts of the General Chapter of Bièn Hôa 2019 referring to the Commission were read, the theme of the celebration of the centenary of the “Dies Natalis” of Santo Domingo and the participation of the Dominican Family in 2021 was socialized; finally there was a presentation of the projects and the calendar of the Dominican Family for 2020.
The meeting took place in the convent of Santa Sabina.
The following participated in this council: – Gerard TIMONER, O.P. Master of the Order.
- Orlando RUEDA ACEVEDO, O.P. Socius for the Apostolic Life
- Sr. Margaret MAYCE, Coordinator DSI.
- Ms. Yvette ANQUETIL, Representative of Secular Institutes.
- Paola PANETTA. Representative of the Dominican Nuns.
- César VALERO B. O.P., Promoter General of the Nuns.
- Juan Ubaldo López Salamanca, O.P., Promoter General of the Laity
- Florentino BOLO, O.P. Promoter General for the Priestly Fraternities of the Order.
- Mr. Benz RODIL, International Coordinator – IDYM (International Dominican Youth Movement).
- Mr. Gabriel Pinto Barbosa F. Da Silva. Coordinator of the International Council of Lay Dominican Fraternities (ICLDF).